Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kill App processes - Task Manager

Task Manager on your phone?  Sure there is!  It's on the HTC EVO 3D which is running off of the Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.

One of the improved feature on the HTC EVO 3D compare to the HTC EVO is the notification screen, where you "pull" the top bar to view notifications, status etc.


Now, you can view list "short cuts" of your last opened app and you can easily switch back, similar to how you can hold the "home" button.

Tap on the "Quick Settings" tab, you will find the list of comment settings, just like the ones you see on the default widget, like turn on/off the mobile hotspot, GPS, 4G, Bluetooth, etc.



Tab on the "Total Memory" row, you will see the "Task Manager"

It's a new feature.  Here you can kill running applications and free up some memory.  You might be familiar with the "Advanced Task Killer" app.  I hear mixed review on that app.  Some say actually it would make your phone run slower and drain lots of battery.  For me, I rather use the native feature that comes with the phone.  

Afterall, this phone has 1G of memory, lots more for you to play with,  Ah, one more thing, make sure you Move your Apps to the SD card once you've installed it!  

Laterz Guyz!

1 comment:

  1. thnx for the info! (and yes, i have the awesome HTC Evo 3D!)
    I just want to add some info for you and other HTC users:
    I use the ATK (Advanced Task Killer) and my conclusion is: Awsesome!
    It's very important (for HTC users) to know which apps you should put in your ignore list so your phone don't act strange. With the right apps ignored I believe that I DO save battery because my phone is using less memory.

    Tip: HTC sense has a function to auto-restart sum of the apps after a whle, so just keep in the beginning a good eye on ATK for important apps that should be in the ignore list.

    Facts:
    - When I use ATK I can get about Max. 430MB of free space.
    - every time im using it I get about 50 till 250 MB extra of free space.
    -It has enough options/settings to let it work YOUR way.
    -ATK kills more then the Standard Task Killer (Which is perfect too! dont get me wrong, but I want the most of my Evo 3D ;))

    And that's it,
    Hope it is usefull for someone.

    P.S. Evo 3D Games(apps):
    "Balloon Gunner 3D" and "AngryBots 3D"

    ReplyDelete