Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Screenshot It - Great app to screen capture on Android Phone

14 Million Geeks Can't Be Wrong. Price. Service. Selection. Newegg.

To do screen capture on Android Smartphone, I would recommend the Screenshot It app.  As you see, I have taken many screen captures on my HTC EVO 3D phone.  


As you know, once you rooted the phone, it's no longer under warranty, plus, there is not rooted version of the HTC EVO 3D phone as of yet, so, for any solution, I would stay away from the need of rooting the phone.

As I search on the apps in the Android Market, I came across the Screenshot It app.
Searching through the list of Screen Capture apps, almost all of it requires the phone to be rooted, finally, I find one that doesn't.  It's the No Root Screenshot It app.  I love it the fact that I can get what I needed done without messing around with the phone.


For installation, you do need to download the USB Driver for your phone, and also install the "Screenshot It Enabler" desktop application onto your computer.




For details installation direction, you can see it here - 
Windows PC   Mac


After following the steps to install the app, to use the app is pretty easy.


The app has a few features I like.
1.  You can choose the delay of how long before the screen capture is taken.  That allows you time to get to the screen you like to capture.
2.  I love the "Shake to screenshot" option.  This allows me to just shake the phone a little bit, and it would know I want to take a screenshot.  Excellent.  I can even adjust the Shake Strength.
3.  I can choose to save the file either in jpeg or png format.
4.  More options you could set as you see from the following screen shot.


In order to use the "No Root Screenshot It", you need to "Enable" it every time should your phone is restarted.  That's the only downside of the app.  But hey, you don't have to root the phone, I would live with that!


To "Enable" it, you need set the phone in USB Debugging mode (from Settings - Application - Develpment)


Connect the phone through the USB port and leave it as "Charge Only."


Start the "Screenshot It Enabler" desktop application, when it's ready as it said "Phone found", click on the "Enable Screenshot It" button.  Then, you are good to go!


After you've taken a screen shot, you could save into Galley, or it would be in this folder on your SD card.


All in all, it's a great app to use.  I love it.  The $4.99 I paid is well worthy.


For more information, please visit - 
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfullnoroot


Laterz guyz!

--------------------

*****Update*****

No longer need to use an App to take screenshots (though I admire Edward's creation).  

On the HTC EVO3D, you can hold the "POWER BUTTON" on the top and tap on the "HOME" button.  Then, a snapshot of the screen is taken.   

Great work HTC !

2 comments:

  1. You can take screen shots natively on the Evo 3D same as on the 'i' devices. All you need to do is press the 'Lock' and 'Home' buttons together. it will make a shutter sound and put the picture into your photos folder.

    Great for everything from 'Here's How' screen shots like these to the split second 'oh i need to capture this for an error or to show someone' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you TJ Smith! Yeah, with the update, the EVO 3D now can perform screen shots directly. Great feature! Love it!

    ReplyDelete